Healthyfied mixed chicken rice bowl with sautéed red cabbage and bell peppers, topped with a sunny side up egg that uses Adlai (Job’s Tear) as a rice substitute
Rainbow Shredded Chicken
- 250 g Brined Chicken Thigh
- 60 g Red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 60 g Yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
- 30 g Green Capsicum (bell pepper)
- 15 g Red Onion or 1 small bulb
- 10 g Garlic or about 6-7 cloves
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Ground pepper
Cooking the Chicken
- Boil the chicken for about 20 to 30min or until the meat comes off the bone easily
- While the chicken is boiling, mince the bell peppers, garlic, and red onion
- Once the chicken is done, remove the chicken and shred the meat from its bones
- On a non-stick pan, add the butter then saute the garlic first before adding the bell peppers and onion
- Mix in the shredded chicken once the garlic, bell peppers and onions become slightly toasted. Season with pepper then set aside.
Cooking the Purple Adlai
- Clean the adlai with running water until the water becomes clear
- Boil the adlai using the chicken broth for about 20min. Add more water until the adlai becomes plump and soft.
- Make sure the adlai has minimal amounts of water before adding the red cabbage. Mix then set aside.
Mixing it all together
- Mix the chicken and the adlai. Finish it off with sunny side up egg on the side.