This might be one of the best meals I prepared. Sautéed broccoli and red bellpepper partnered with ripe mango and raw red onion, mixed with soft boiled egg and garlic sausage.
The combinations of the flavours makes this meal a must try! The sweetness of the mango compliments the tangy flavor of the red onion. The toasted bellpepper and broccoli balances the strong flavor of the garlic sausage. Mixing the soft boiled egg makes the salad creamier even without a dressing!
- 300g broccoli
- 75g red bellpepper
- 300g ripe mango (about 1 medium size)
- 45g red onion (about 1 small piece)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 soft boiled egg
- 6 pcs garlic longganisa
1. Cut the broccoli head and stem into small pieces then blanch it
2. Dice the red bellpepper and sautee it on a non stick pan
3. Dice the mango and red onion.
4. Mix the broccoli, bellpepper, mango and red onion season with pepper. Set aside.
5. Cook the garlic longganisa with water where half of the longganisa is submerged in water
6. Serve the broccoli mango salad with the sausage and soft boiled egg
How to eat:
Mash the egg and mix it together with the salad. Cut the sausage into small piece so every spoonful of the salad includes the sausage
if preparing for packed lunch, put the mango in a different container. Only mix it once ready to serve.
Macros: 405 kcal
Carbs 33g Fat 22g Protein 24g
Sodium 701mg Sugar 20g
Macros are estimates only*